Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tommy Thompson--"Cloverdale Rolling Meadow"

It has often been said that there are diamonds right under our noses if we will only look and observe closely. We have discovered a "diamond" near Cloverdale, Alabama--this meadow is located on a farm that has turned out to be a painter's paradise, with a masterpiece-in-the-making at almost every turn. I painted a field study of this meadow onsite while young deer played hide-and-seek with me. Back in the studio, I used the small field study and reference digital photographs displayed on my computer screen to produce this larger piece. Drawing on my observation of the work of the famous wildlife artist, the late Lanford Monroe , I employed her technique of obscurely inserting wildlife into landscapes. I discreetly placed two of the playful deer in this piece. This 18" x 24" oil on canvas painting sells for $1,295.00 and can be purchased at this link.

No comments: